Developing an integrated communications strategy can feel a little daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. Take it step-by-step, check-in to make sure you’re achieving the goals and objectives you’d set and then adjust your plan as things shift (they always do!).
There are lots of resources and tools available out there that can help. Here are some we like (and some we have developed and use).
- Auditing is good!Auditing is good! – Some info on how to do a communications audit by the Communications Consortium Media Centre.
- Communications Planning TemplateCommunications Planning Template – We like this template put together by SPIN media.
- Communications Strategy WorksheetCommunications Strategy Worksheet – This is a worksheet we use when working with clients and facilitating workshops on strategic communications and planning.
- Project Planning TemplateProject Planning Template – This is great for planning communications for projects – and for issues management.
- Tech-Savvy CommunicationsTech-Savvy Communications - A Toolkit for Nonprofits – A helpful tool brought to you by N- Power Seattle.
- The communications planning processThe communications planning process – We put this together to help bring clarity to what communications planning is – and walk you through the steps of how you can develop an effective strategy for your organization or project.